Welcome to the 2018 OGB Cheer Season!
Please see below for important information and upcoming dates.
Practices: Cheer practices will begin on Monday, August 6th at Elk Ridge School
- Non Flag Practice: 4 nights a week from 6:00-8:00pm until 8/24. Starting 8/28, practices will be 3 nights a week.
- Flag Practice: 3 nights a week until 8/24. Starting 8/28, practices will be 2 nights a week.
Parents: Please attend Parents Information and Player Safety Meeting on August 8th at 6:30 on the practice field bleachers by baseball diamond at Elk Ridge.
Physicals: All cheerleaders MUST have a completed physical turned in on or before the first night of practice in order to participate. Physical forms can be found on the OGB website.
Cheer Uniform Items:
- OGB will provide your daughter with cheer vest and skirt
- Please remember to order required items from Varsity Store (bloomers, crop) as soon as possible.
(CLICK HERE FOR VARSITY TEAM STORE).
- Cheer shoes are included in the registration for non-flag cheerleaders and will be distributed with uniforms prior to first game.
- Orders for bows, warm-up jackets, and flag sweatshirts will be collected during the first few weeks of practice.
- Click here for more information on Cheer Uniform Items and scheduled uniform fittings
Coaches: Information from your individual coaches will be sent out no later than the first week of August.
Parking at Elk Ridge School: In the back lot, the parking spaces in the front row are reserved for coaches. Please do not park on the grass.
Field Rules: We rent the fields and must follow League Rules and School District Policies:
- No smoking (or using tobacco products) or alcohol on the property (including in vehicle)
- No animals allowed.
- No skateboarding.
- No parking on the grass.
- All trash must be thrown away before leaving the premises.
Bert Bell ID’s: Hockessin Firehouse in August (date/time TBD). If you are a new player, please plan to attend. Returning players that require an updated ID will be notified.
Volunteers Needed: As many of you know, OGB is a 100% volunteer based organization. If possible, please volunteer in any way you can to help make this a great season. Positions still available: Fundraiser Coordinator, Concession Stand Coordinator, Assistant Coaches/Jr Coaches and Team Moms. Please contact
is interested in any of these positions.
Looking forward to a wonderful season!
Please visit FACEBOOK for OGB updates and reminders.